Last updated on October 1, 2017
Okay, so my cousin Becky tagged me for this on Facebook and I decided to post it here as well so…here’s my 25:
WARNING: Bryan helped with these so I will not guarantee the veracity of any of the following statementsâ€¦
1. My favorite show is Smallvilleâ€¦.mainly because I like to drool over Tom Welling. [I acknowledge that there are much more â€œintellectually intriguingâ€ shows out there and others that would more accurately be dubbed my â€œfavoriteâ€ but OMG just look at him!!!]
2. I hate to let anyone else drive because I am â€œsuch a control freak.â€ [A more accurate statement would be that I hate to let Bryan drive because he does this â€œfoot thingâ€ where he doesnâ€™t maintain a consistent speed and I end up either being nauseated or having mini-whiplash.]
3. I donâ€™t like feetâ€¦I think theyâ€™re gross, except for Wonder Boy’sâ€¦I canâ€™t explain this at all but the idea of â€œmonkey-toeingâ€ anything makes me want to vomit or scratch out my eyes.
4. I love Elton John. [This statement is the result of my confessing to Bryan that my favorite song when I was 8 was â€œI Guess Thatâ€™s Why They Call It the Bluesâ€ by Elton John; thus, it must logically follow that I love this man!]
5. I like to do taxesâ€¦it was one of my favorite classes in law school. [I donâ€™t have anything funny to say about this; itâ€™s just true.]
6. I am part-Native Americanâ€¦Cherokee and Comanche from both my momâ€™s and dadâ€™s sides of the familyâ€¦ [hmm, perhaps thatâ€™s why they fought so much] andâ€¦I used to dress up like a little squaw and do a rain-dance.
7. I drink at least a gallon of tea each dayâ€¦sweet, of course. [This, of course, is likely a slight exaggerationâ€¦what can I say, I like tea.]
8. I drive a minivan and I love it.
9. I used to run track before I blew out my knee; now I just run around aimlessly chasing kids.
10. I hate to hear â€œweird noisesâ€ (i.e., smacking) while eating even though I â€œmake the loudest of anyone.â€ [Itâ€™s TMJ people, I canâ€™t help it.]
11. I make fantastic meatballs. [Yep, thatâ€™s right, I do.]
12. I have owned a Geo and a Daewoo. [But itâ€™s all still Greek to me.]
13. I regularly complete 500+ piece puzzles in one night. [I have a life, I really doâ€¦Iâ€™d just rather do puzzles :)].
14. I have read the entire Harry Potter seriesâ€¦at least 4 times. [Iâ€™ll be starting on my 5th tour as soon as Iâ€™m finished with the bar exam].
15. My favorite book of all time is Moby Dick. [No, seriously.]
16. I like Brix better than Belle. [There might be some truth to this, unfair though it may be.]
17. I was named after Stefanie Powers from Hart to Hart and singer Crystal Gayleâ€¦out of a TV Guide at the hospital.
18. I am a â€œblogger.â€ [This word is followed by a low laugh reminiscent of Beavis & Butthead as though itâ€™s a bad word.]
19. I am constantly trying to figure out, with the intensity of Perry Mason, how everything Bryan says could be an attack or insult. [Which one of us do you think is paranoid?]
20. I am â€œoff coke.â€ [Bryan says, clapping at himself like old men do when theyâ€™ve made what they think is a good joke. Coca-cola, of course!]
21. I judge Bryanâ€™s contribution to the family by the number of phone calls he makes related to household matters. [Iâ€™m telling you, itâ€™s never enough folks.]
22. I am a good mommy to Wonder Boy, Boy Genius, The Girl and Brix (poor Belle), a good wife to Bryan, and a good friend. [This is Bryan getting tired and wanting to go to bedâ€¦and trying to get points along the way ;)].
23. I have the â€œjimmy legâ€ (a Seinfeld reference for those of you who donâ€™t know). [This is an outright lie! Iâ€™m always trying to get Bryan to stay on his side of the bedâ€¦I donâ€™t cross borders while sleeping.]
24. I used to work at The Frosted Mug, a drive-in burger joint where I was a successful waitressâ€¦luckily roller skates and smiles were optional at the time. [Actually, I was quite pleasant at the timeâ€¦though I realize some might think that physiologically impossible.]
25. With a pack of sweet-tarts or spree and 8 bottles of tea, I can drive 18 hours in a car that smells like a wet third-world countryâ€™s trash heap in alternating intervals of total silence (because everyone else is asleep) and total chaos (because children are screaming and/or Bryanâ€™s jamminâ€™ out to Alabama, Charlie Daniels or, most recently, the Zac Brown Band. BUT, on a mere five-minute ride to the handi-pak (thatâ€™s northern Florida talk for â€œgas stationâ€), if Bryan smacks his gum one time, Iâ€™ll throw a hissy fit and â€œturn this car around right now!â€ [Yep, that pretty much sums it up.]